Tuesday, December 8, 2009

69, Mussels and Eggs

Late at night, a middle aged man nudges his wife.  He whispers, "Honey, how about a little 69?".  Shocked and taken aback, her only response is , "whaddya mean, 69?"  


"Lobster cantonese!".  


this is my 69th posting.


I felt like I was Julie of Julie and Julia tonight, trying to poach an egg.  Not so easy (until you get it).  Some trucs:  Add white vinegar to the boiling water.  Crack the egg very close to the water.  Don't mess with it.  Don't overcook it.  If someone ... like your son ... does it perfectly, let them do it for you.  But, the world is a perfect place when you eat a poached egg over some asparagus ... with some shaved parmesan on top.  Next time, I'll add an anchovy.  


Oh, the mussels ... my daughter makes perfect moules. So I figure I'm covered: my son, the eggs, my daughter, the mussels and me, 69.




No comments:

With Metta, from My Little Blue Heron's Kitchen

Raspberry Bakewell Flapjacks

Print This Page Raspberry Bakewell Flapjacks Adapted from Lyle’s Golden Syrup by My Little Blue Heron Kitchen Dedicated to Leon Pozni...

My Little Blue Heron's Arsenal