Sunday, December 9, 2018

All Purpose Paleo Flour Mix


All Purpose Paleo Flour Mix
Adapted from A Calculated Whisk by My Little Blue Heron


So happy to share some of my favorite, new, delicious recipes! I’ve gravitated between gluten free and grain free living (with an occasional cheat because if you don’t have Celiac, She Wolf Bakery’s sourdough breads are the best breads I’ve ever tasted).

You’ll find great Paleo and Gluten Free recipes online and from the fine and brilliant chef and baker, Danielle Walker, whose new book, eat what you love has just come out.
You’ll find great recipes in this book for gluten free and paleo lifestyles.

In the meantime, my pantry has a new staple, an all purpose paleo flour mix. I use this in many of my recipes, including pumpkin/sweet potato or squash bread and sugar free applesauce loaf.

You will need: Almond flour, coconut flour and arrowroot flour. I’ve used several brands, and they’ve all been very good. For almond flour (blanched and finely ground), I recommend Wellbee’s, Anthony’s or Oh Nut’s. I’ve been buying Anthony’s coconut and arrowroot flours.  There are options for great quality products, and almond flour's expensive. Grab it when it's on sale or when you have a coupon. Here's the thing: you eat less when you eat Paleo. 

All flours have to be fresh and you should store them in dark, cool places.

This recipe can should be doubled!

You’ll need a kitchen scale. (I’ve been nagging you for years to buy one.) You can buy this one, Wirecutter's recommended for best budget pick. It's $11 U.S. 

Results will be consistent, not something to sniff at.

peace and love,
Jane

All Purpose Paleo Flour

Ingredients:
190 g. finely ground, blanched almond flour
176 g. arrowroot flour
94 grams coconut flour

Procedure:
Place a large bowl, atop a kitchen scale and weigh each ingredient, taring after each addition.

Remove from scale and whisk thoroughly until ingredients are blended.

Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

With Metta, from My Little Blue Heron's Kitchen

Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread or Muffins

Print This Page Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Adapted from glutenfreepalate.com by My Little Blue Heron This one’s a winner. It’s crazy easy to...

My Little Blue Heron's Arsenal