Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Microplane Zester



The person who introduced me to his Microplane Zester was prissy and a snob, so I sniffed and said, "wow, that thing looks evil".  What I should have said, I didn't, but I did take a closer look at his tool.  

Today, my Microplane Zester arrived in the mail (You can buy it at fancy places like Sur La Table, but it's cheaper online - a friend pointed this out to me and I think I saved a couple of dollars... but if you look at this site below that I link you to, they have SALE items - like 'spring' colored handles who cares? for even less!)

I used it to grate parmesan on the spinach salad (see the recipe below) I was enjoying for the third time this week for dinner.  

The end product is....  Fluffy.  Elongated.  Fine.  Airy. Ethereal.  Fabulous. The texture is so different from the 'same old' grated cheese, that the texture literally has an impact on the dish ... really.  So buy one.  

Here's a link.

I purchased a 'classic' (nuch), but you can choose from a variety of these terminators. Some will grate cheese and some will grate rock salt. And if you hate to cook, buy one to eliminate your calluses.

And they have a pretty nice looking red apron too.


No comments:

With Metta, from My Little Blue Heron's Kitchen

Raspberry Bakewell Flapjacks

Print This Page Raspberry Bakewell Flapjacks Adapted from Lyle’s Golden Syrup by My Little Blue Heron Kitchen Dedicated to Leon Pozni...

My Little Blue Heron's Arsenal