Friday, April 10, 2009

EGG




Try Egg on North 5th, between Berry and Bedford in W'burg for perfectly cooked eggs (Grafton cheddar omelet), grits cooked with butter and cream, biscuits and gravy (the biscuits are perfectly crafted), hash browns that are what tater tots ought to be and if you stick around until noon, you can try their fried chicken - which is what I'm going to do next.  I was supposed to share my biscuits and gravy with my son half way, but I refused. Cash only.  VERY reasonable! (Entrees are about $8.00) Coffee arrives in a Bodum coffee press, but the waiter doesn't tell you if it's ready to plunge, if you have to wait 4 minutes or one minute.  When I asked her, she smiled and said to wait about a minute.  My kids got angry at me for asking.  My kids get angry at me for asking waiters questions like this.  They feel it is inappropriate and I feel it is not inappropriate for a server to give you information such as this. Au contraire, mes petits choux, it is precisely what they're supposed to do.
s'all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed you are correct again. Educate those kids on the job description of wait staff at a good restaurant. They won't necessarily know all the right answers the first time they are asked, but if enough people query, eventually they should discover the right answer and everyone gains.
I too wondered what to do with the Bodium press when I went to Egg. I started pressing right away; the coffee was delish.

Love and Peace

With Metta, from My Little Blue Heron's Kitchen

Raspberry Bakewell Flapjacks

Print This Page Raspberry Bakewell Flapjacks Adapted from Lyle’s Golden Syrup by My Little Blue Heron Kitchen Dedicated to Leon Pozni...

My Little Blue Heron's Arsenal